Visiting Hour & Admission
The Museum is open from daily from 8AM – 6PM, including public holiday except on Christmas Day and on Harvest Festival. Harvest Festival falls on 30th and 31st May every year.
|Tickets & Services||Description||Fee|
|Entrance Fee with eGuide||Adult||RM10|
|Children (4-12 Years)||RM5|
|Children Below 3 Years||Free|
|Beading Workshop||30 minutes||RM10|
|Traditional Dance & Music Workshop||30 minutes||RM10|
- Please leave your smartphone at the Reception Counter if you did not purchase the eGuide or the Camera Pass. It is for our intellectual works protection.
- Photo taking is only allowed if you have purchase the Camera Pass or the eGuide.
- Food and drinks are not permitted inside the museum.
- Please do not touch the exhibits inside the museum or leaning on the walls or divider.
- Large bags, packages and backpacks are not permitted inside the museum; please leave it at the Reception Counter.
- Stroller and wheelchair are welcome.
Resources and Activities
Variety of available resources and activities to help our visitors explore the museum.
- eGuide would guide your tour with narratives and stories as you move from one exhibit to another exhibit. To use the eGuide, you need to purchase the QR Code at the Reception Counter or at the Help-Desk.
- Mini Library is located near the EXIT Door. Our mini library carry limited books related to costumes and cultural heritage. Book can only be borrow for reading and references at the Museum for a limited 4 hours per visitor.
- Marimba Room is a photo studio where you can take selfie or wefie. Please purchase the Camera Pass or eGuide to use Marimba Room.
- Traditional Costume is available in all sizes for photo taking inside the Marimba Room or around the Museum compound. There are 2 choices of costumes, basic and full accessories. For Muslim visitor, we provide ‘inner’ for your conveniences.
- Playdoll Section is a dressing up doll play area where children could learn in a fun way the right costumes for different ethnics group in Borneo Island.
- Media Corner let you watch pre-schedule videos about Sabah and Borneo Island culture. The Media Corner can accommodate up to 10 people seated at one time.
- Traditional Dance & Music Workshop takes about 25 – 35 minutes where you would learn how to beat the traditional musical instrument Kulintangan and Gongs and how to dance the native Sumazau dance. If you have enough people in your group, you might be able to form a performer troupe after the short workshop.
- Dusun Language Class is held every Wednesday morning 9AM – 12NN. This free class would enable you to learn and speak in a very basic native Dusun language. Each session would take about 20-25 minutes where our fluent staffs would guide you how to greet the local and ask basic questions.
Outside the main gallery building, our Souvenir Shop offers varieties of dolls, beadings accessories, books, hand-woven textile, souvenirs, snacks and community made products. All sales proceeds from the Souvenir Shop support the museum operations.
Our merchandises could be purchased online too at ShopinBorneo
Drive 30km from Kota Kinabalu to Chanteek Borneo Gallery. At the Berunggis roundabout, after Tuaran Hospital, take the second exit to Tamparuli Town.
If driving from Kudat/Tuaran, at the Berungis round-about, (after the Shell gas station), take the first exit. Approximately in 1.8km, you’ll see Chanteek Borneo Gallery on the right roadside. Make a U-Turn 600m ahead.
If you are from Sandakan/Ranau/Kundasang, Chanteek Borneo Gallery is on the left road side, about 3km away from the Tamparuli Point round-about (first round about after the downhill road).
By Taxi or Grab
The taxi ride from Kota Kinabalu to Chanteek Borneo would take approximately 40-50 minutes depending on the traffic situation. Taxi fare ranges from RM80 to RM100 per ride. Grab fare ranges from RM35 – RM45 per ride. Please look-up for ‘Chanteek Borneo Gallery’ when using Grab Apps.
By Mini Van or Local Bus/Transportation
Getting here by a local bus would take approximately between 45-60 minutes depending on the traffic situation. Take a bus that heading to Tamparuli town and asked to be dropped at Jambatan Gantung Damat-Sawah bus-stop. Bus fare is about RM5.
Discount for Group Booking is available for more than 10 visitors. Please make an advance reservation HERE.
‘5in1 Deal Cuti Sabah Bah’ Savings Ticket
5in1 Deal Cuti Sabah Bah ticket allows domestic (Malaysian) visitors to save more when visiting Sabah. The ticket is an entrance fee to visit 5 attractions along the Kota Kinabalu-Ranau Highway; Chanteek Borneo, Rumah Terbalik, Kundasang War Memorial, Sabah Tea Garden and Tagal Luanti. Using this ticket, you would be exempted from paying our entrance, eGuide and Basic Costume. The ticket could be purchase HERE